Friday, December 01, 2006

 

Thursday Lunchtime Run

Yesterday, I managed 8 miles at lunch time, in 62mins. I ran along the Forth/Clyde Canal from Maryhill Road down to Great Western Road. The weather was pretty miserable; wet and windy. Going down the canal path at this time of year is probably not the best idea as it's covered in puddles.

I was starting to feel a slight twinge in my left-knee which is a recurring niggle I get when running more than about 25 miles in a week. It doesn't really affect my running but I know something is not quite right. This niggling injury is probably my biggest fear for the Winter training ahead. I was hoping to run about 40 miles/week over the winter but may have to curtail this. Whatever I end up doing I will still try and get in some long runs. My aim is to do a 20 mile run just before Xmas and then take it easy for a week or so after that. I just want to get a feel for how my body reacts to that sort of distance as 16 is the furthest I've done so far.

Plan for today is to jog home from work which is around 4 miles.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?